Creative Oproep bij ScrapPlezier..............

Wil jij Gastdesigner bij ons zijn? Mail ons dan nu via dt@scrapplezier.nl

18 december 2016

6 Tutorials voor Kerst met Scrapplezier.....

Today I want to share Christmas decoration for a gorgeous Christmas tree, when you see the
clear plastic old-fashioned Christmas light bulb ornaments you know  
they are perfect for mini snow globes with tiny bottle brush trees.



Here’s what you’ll need for this project (all these items found at Jo-Ann’s craft store):

– clear plastic old-fashioned Christmas light bulb ornaments
– Martha Stewart course white glitter
– mini bottle brush trees
– red and white striped baker’s twine
– a low temp hot glue gun

To start, I gave the tiny bottle brush trees a bleach bath. This step is completely optional. 
These little trees were really dark in color and I wanted to lighten them up a bit. 
I’ve seen that you can do this to change the color of the trees completely, by bleaching 
and then dying them, but I just wanted the same tone, just lighter. 
I really like how they turned out. They were also covered in lots of that flocking stuff, 
and I wanted it to not be so heavy, so I ran a plastic comb through the little trees while 
they were in the water. Then I rinsed and dried them really well.


 Once rinsed and dried, I checked to see if they would fit inside of these bulb ornaments, 
and they fit perfectly (yippee). I then gave a little dab of hot glue to the bottom 
wood piece of each tiny tree and then used a wooden skewer to press it down 
in the bottom center. Next use a funnel to add the course white glitter to each one.


To finish them off, I added a few dabs of hot glue to the lid of each one to secure
 the lid on tight. Then I just tied a bow of red and white baker’s twine onto 
each each one. You could do a bow or use the baker’s twine as 
the actual hanger itself. 


Christmas washi tape works great as little stands to hold these up right. 
These would make adorable place settings for a fancy Christmas dinner too. 
You could personalize them with little tiny name banners inside.


Or just hang them on the tree.


Either way, they’re really sweet. 



Bron : NoBiggie.net

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for comming by !
Bedankt voor je bezoek !
Obrigada pela visita !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...